Here are some questions & Answers about our services and products. As you can see, we are a platform devoted to the construction trades and helping our clients become successful.
Important Note: We do not ship whole products currently. We are a remote construction Services and consulting business.
Our Slogan is: "Quantity Takeoff & Estimating in a Pinch"
Our slogan simply means that we are here to help construction related businesses and we help contractors in the construction industry remotely. While construction estimating and consulting has been our main focus, we have been able to expand those services to further help professionals in the construction industry with other remote services listed in the Pinch Services category on this platform. We have broadened our remote services because we have found through our relationships with other contractors that there is a definite need in these other areas, we now offer services for.
We have experience in all of the services we offer and hope to help contractors and construction related businesses reach a level of professionalism and standards that set them apart from their competition.
Can people outside the U.S. & Canada register?
- Yes: People outside the United States & Canada can register and participate in any remote services
What happens after I purchase a service and it's added to my budget?
- Someone will contact you immediately to discuss the service you purchased.
- We create a folder in our software for your specific business entity using your business name and information.
- We will set up any items and assemblies you have on hand and update as we do project work on your behalf.
- We do quantity takeoff only, quantity takeoff & Estimates, & Unit Cost Estimates for Construction Businesses & Homeowners.
- We create a folder with your business info in our Software to track progress as we work.
- If provided with your Logo, we upload your Logo (600px X 600px) to attach to our Bid Proposal Template for Bids upon request.
- We also offer Interior Design 2D/3D, Data Entry, Spreadsheets and more.... (Check Out Pinch Services)
- We also provide homeowner estimates. We do not need a Logo or Business Name for these Services.
Here are some examples of Construction Service Documents?
- Depending on your choice of Service & Need you may be provided one or more of these below.
- Editable Spreadsheets May Differ depending on the need: Example #1 Example #2 Example #3 Example #4 And Many More!
- Interior Design
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Data Entry
- Bid Proposal
- Gannt Charts
- Excellent 3D Renderings for Your Build or Project
Can I Just Get an Estimate and Use my own Bid Proposal Template or Add My Own Pricing?
- Yes of Course.
- Use Our Services as Much or Little as you Like.
What Are a Few Ways Your Service(s) Can Save Money?
- You Don't Pay Employee Taxes for Us
- You Don't Pay our Employee Benefits
- You Don't Have to Pay Company Car Cost
- You Can Use Our Services as Needed
- And Much More You Save On!
How Does Your Service Save Homeowners Money?
- We Don't Just Save Homeowners Money
- We Save Homeowner's from Scams
- Our Comprehensive Estimates Give you a Leg Up
- Our Comprehensive Education & Consulting Services Give You a Know
- Our Services Save You Aggravation and Money in the Long Run
Do you Provide Estimates for Homeowners?
- Yes, we do!
- Homeowner Services
What are Brands?
- Businesses located under brands are some of the products we support as affiliates and even subscribe(d) to in some cases.
- Some Brands have been listed simply because we use them ourselves and trust them.
- We only list brands as possible resources for our clients. We are not responsible for any business dealings between brands our clients or website surfers may use or subscribe to.
- All dealings with our listed brands are between you and those brands and Pinch Estimating and its owner(s) are not included in those dealings, subscriptions or purchases in any capacity whatsoever.
- In any case where issues may arise between clients or guests and our listed Brands, they must be taken up with the Brand directly. Go to the said brands website and contact customer service on their platform.
Do you have a List of services you provide? (Check Out Pinch Services)
- Start Here
- Buildertrend Help
- 1000's of Chart Templates
- Data Entry
- 2D & 3D Rendering
- Product Procurement
- Basic to Advanced Contractor Website Design Help
- Construction Consulting
- Anything We Can Do to Help the Contractor & Construction Industries
- and more
How many plans can I submit for your services and bid proposals per package?
- The Amount of Project Plans Depends on your Preloaded Budget.
- On Average a $250-dollar preloaded budget for the Subcontractor Promotion can get you anywhere from 2 to as many as 5 projects estimated depending on size and complexity of projects.
The General Contractor Promotion entails conducting surveys, performing quantity takeoffs, and providing cost estimates for all CSI trades within a bid set. While a preloaded budget of $500 is suitable for smaller projects, we typically observe that a comprehensive takeoff and estimate for all CSI trades within plan pages falls within the range of $1500 to $2500.
For General Contractor Promotion Estimates, a lead time of at least 21 days is essential to ensure optimal results. This extended timeline is necessary because numerous calls and correspondences need to be made. Pricing for Finish Schedule Items, particularly for Millwork, Furnishing, Plumbing, Electrical, and Mechanical trades, often necessitates a license or supplier account to obtain. Furthermore, one of the challenges we encounter with General Contractor estimates is the lack of urgency from suppliers to respond to emails or return calls due to their busy schedules.
Another common issue on most plans is the absence or inaccuracy of supplier information listed in the schedules, which forces estimators to undertake extensive research to identify contacts for the items specified in the blueprint schedules. It's important to note that we mention these challenges not as complaints but to inform our clients about the obstacles typically encountered in Architectural bid sets. We kindly request clients to take these factors into consideration when establishing a reasonable timeline for deliverables.
We believe that providing excessive allowances can make a bid uncompetitive and may give the Request for Proposal (RFP) a less professional impression. We have, unfortunately, experienced situations where we were rushed through a 3 to 4-week RFP process for General Contractors, which consistently resulted in a counterproductive waste of time and money for all parties involved.
While we are prepared to work within tight timelines if required, we want to be transparent about the potential consequences. Rushed timelines often lead to additional allowances, missed costs and bundled pricing, and we want to emphasize that the outcome under such conditions is typically suboptimal, as evidenced by our experience, 99.9% of the time. Furthermore, we often experience an attitude of gratitude from builders, real-estate developers, General Contractors, Franchises and owners who submit there (RFP) needs and understand that the optimal route takes longer but provides a more detailed, competitive, and pocket friendly deliverable. We find that most people are willing to consider a more accurate and professional estimate even if the deliverable is late. Especially, when we let the requestor know up front that our process may be longer, but it will be worth the wait.
- We have two options for project work: One Time Fixed Rate & Hourly Rate (Read Project Listing to see which apply)
Who do you provide services for?
- General Contractors
- Real-estate Developers
- Construction Related Franchises
- Data Entry Needs
- Excel Spreadsheet Creation
- Insurance Claim Estimation
- 2D Blueprint
- 3D Interior Design Creation
- All Kinds of Construction Management Charts
- Contractor Website Remodeling